Forms (with subcategories for DEC1, DEC4 and DEC5)
1. I have a record for a student in No EC Services because the parent denied consent or the student was not eligible. A lot of time has passed and we want to do a new referral for the student. The fields are locked. How can I add a new referral?
If a student's record is in a status of No EC Services due to no consent to evaluate, not eligible, or no consent for placement and you need to enter a new referral do the following:
- Use the Record Closure Button to close the record with a reason of Reset for Referral.
- After closing the record, open the Region/LEA screen and click the Transfer In button.
- On the Transfer In screen, select the New radio button and enter the other required information.
- Next, click the Special Ed button to return to the Special Ed screen.
- Now, the referral information can be entered.
1.How do I unselect a secondary eligibility if I accidentally selected it?
To unselect a secondary eligibility in the IEP/DEC4, hold down your control key and click on the selected eligibility to clear it.
2.If my student has more than 1 competency goal, how can I document this as CECAS will only allow me to choose 1 from the drop list.
If your student has more than 1 competency goal, extra competency goals can be typed into the Annual Goal text field. Also, if the competency goal is the same but the student will change grades during the course of the IEP, then you can reference your goal by typing in "The COMPETENCY Goal BELOW APPLIES TO grades 3 and 4".
3. We had an IEP meeting in June and the completed DEC4 was validated with no errors but left in Meeting status. Now when I try to Close/Verify it, I get this error message: "Placement & Justification Statement: A School or Preschool selection is required for considered educational placements." How can I Close/Verify this DEC4?
The IEP Team is now required to document, by selecting from a new multi-select drop list, all of the Continuum of Alternative Educational Placements that were considered for the student. This change was implemented July 28, 2012 and affected all DEC4s that were not Closed/Verified at that time. In order to Close/Verify a DEC4 that was completed at a meeting before July 28, but left in Meeting status, you should select the setting that was determined as the student's placement by the IEP team. In other words, if the student's placement was determined by the IEP Team to be Resource, the selection of Resource should also be made in the section for all educational placements considered by the IEP Team.
4. A student was recently reevaluated. The IEP Team reviewed the IEP for the 2012-2013 school year and determined no changes were required. When I try to Close/Verify the DEC4 with the Reevaluation section completed, I get this error message: "Placement & Justification Statement: A School or Preschool selection is required for considered educational placements." How can I Close/Verify this DEC4?
The IEP Team is now required to document, by selecting from a new multi-select drop list, all of the Continuum of Alternative Educational Placements that were considered for the student. If the DEC4 you are reviewing was Closed/Verified before July 28, 2012, this question has not been completed and will need to be addressed at Revaluation. In order to Close/Verify this DEC4, you will need to select Reevaluation and Addendum as purposes and complete the new section. Record the names of the persons attending the meeting in the IEP Team amending section.
1. At a recent meeting about a student, we did not reject any placement options. On the DEC5 what do I put in this section?
II. The IEP Team or other group of appropriate people also considered the following option(s), and rejected these options because:
On July 28, 2012, the lists for the Continuum of Alternative Educational Placements and the wording, "including the continuum of alternative educational placements if applicable," were added to a section of the DEC5 that was previously required. The question still requires an answer in the textbox, but does not require a selection from the drop list. Do not select one of the radio buttons for the drop lists unless you plan to make a selection from one of the lists. If a selection is made it can be changed but not deleted except by deleting the entire form.