Welcome to the CECAS Information Site!
04/16/2015 - Rescheduled CECAS PRC 29 Training Webinar
The Documenting CECAS PRC 29 Request & Baseline SIF Data training webinar that was canceled has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 10 am. Please register for the session if you'd like to attend this webinar, even if you had previously registered for the canceled session. To register for next week's session, please click this link: http://www.nccecas.org/training/scheduledtraining.html
04/14/2015 - CECAS Login Issues Resolved
The CECAS login issues reported earlier, have been fixed. If you have any questions about this issue or any other CECAS issue please feel free to contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 807-4357 and press option 3 for CECAS.
04/13/2015 - Production Site Issues: Update
Some users are still unable to log into and access CECAS. We are diligently working with the Office of Information of Technology Services (ITS) and our vendor to correct this issue. It is not necessary to report access issues to the CECAS helpdesk at this time. We will post another update when the issue has been resolved. If you have any questions regarding this or any other please contact your Regional Trainer. If you cannot reach your Regional Trainer, email email@example.com
04/01/2015 - CECAS Release Notes - Production Environment
V220.127.116.11 (31st March, 2015)
Background information: The purpose of this release was to provide minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes & Enhancements
1. Delete the students from the system whose status is "Migrated". This data has been imported into CECAS in the initial year of implementation.
2. CECAS student search
- Local ID Search: When a user enters a local ID with blank spaces, the system will ignore the blank space and searches for the respective students without blank space.
- NC Student ID Search: When a user enters an NC Student ID with blank spaces, the system will ignore the blank space and searches for the respective students without blank space.
3. Periodic Count
- When student ID type is NCWISE and user submits alpha numeric values to NCWISE ID, the system will catch it as an error and the user has to correct this ID as a numeric value
- Race values "M" and "H" must be available in the Race Look Up table in order to catch Multiple races and Hispanic values for the students
- Updated Races "11111" and "00000" for "M" and "H" values for the Federal reporting purposes.
- Hiding HasIEP and WasConsiderEligible fields in SpecED cube drill down results
- Added Provider Name in the drill down results in Program Services Cube
- Added Disability dimension in Indicator-7 Certified cube. Users can filter the data based on the Disability Code and Disability Description
- Corrected the Re-evaluation dates logic based on the Child Special Education data from tblChildSpecEdEvaluation table in SpecED cube
- Column heading changed to "NC Student ID" from NCWISE ID
- Added new column "Plan Purpose" in the drill down results for Program/Service cube
3/25/2015 - April 2015 Periodic Child Count Submission Schedule
The April 2015 child count for children with disabilities will be transmitted through CECAS based on the submission dates as listed in the table below.
The Special Education Child Count Verification form (for those LEAs whose EC Director does not actually do the CECAS submission) is available in the "Memorandums and Official Communications" of the Downloads Tab on the CECAS Information Site. Please note that EC Directors will now be mailing this form to the EC Delivery Team.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other CECAS issue, please contact your Regional Trainer. If you cannot reach your Regional Trainer, contact the Help Desk at (919) 807-4357, press 2 for CECAS, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Initial Submission from all LEAs, all Charter Schools, all State Operated Programs||4/1/2015 through 4/15/2015|
|Deadline for Certification Status||4/22/2015|
CECAS Listserv is a group mailing list used to quickly notify subscribers of any issues or changes that occur with the CECAS application via email. We encourage all users to join.
To become a member, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com.